The Iverson House was built in 1853 by Rev. Andreas Iverson and members of his Moravian congregation, who were responsible for the founding of Ephraim. After Iverson left Ephraim in 1864, the house served as a home for Moravian pastors J.J. Groenfeldt and Anders Petterson.
The Iverson House was purchased by the Ephraim Historical Foundation in 2001. It is the oldest frame home in Door County, with very few alterations being made in its 150-plus years. The Historic Iverson House Museum’s decorations and furniture are based on the letters of Anna Petterson (pastor Anders Petterson’s wife).
Click here to see EHF Museum hours.