Building

The Goodletson Cabin

The Goodletson Cabin Museum is located next to the Pioneer Schoolhouse just north of the intersection of County Q and Moravia Street.  Map The Goodletson Cabin was built approximately in 1855 on Eagle Island (now Horseshoe Island) by Norwegian immigrant Thomas Goodletson and his family. It was skidded across the ice in the 1860s to …

The Goodletson Cabin Read More »

The Iverson House

The Iverson House was built in 1853 by Rev. Andreas Iverson and members of his Moravian congregation, who were responsible for the founding of Ephraim.  After Iverson left Ephraim in 1864, the house served as a home for Moravian pastors J.J. Groenfeldt and Anders Petterson. The Iverson House was purchased by the Ephraim Historical Foundation …

The Iverson House Read More »