Ephraim Historical Foundation
The Ephraim Historical Foundation (EHF), founded in 1949, is an established historical society and museum in Ephraim, located in Door County, Wisconsin. The mission of the EHF is to preserve and share the history of the village of Ephraim.
The Executive Director reports to the President and Board of Directors and has three main areas of responsibilities: Administration, Finance, and Fundraising
An overview of responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to:
- Management of staff and oversight of daily operations for the Staff consists of two full-time staff, one half-time staff, and six seasonal (summer) staff.
- Implementation of Board of Directors initiatives and programs
- Provide input to the short and long-range goals of the organization
- Regularly meet with members and committees of the Board to report on progress toward meeting goals and objectives. Participate in annual, regularly scheduled, and other meetings
- Implement projects, decisions, and plans made at the Board level
- Manage daily accounting bookkeeping
- Assist with the development of a budget and monitoring of same
- Manage the daily bookkeeping in
- Provide monthly financial statements to the EHF and Heritage Fund (HF) Boards
- Serve as the staff professional on fundraising efforts, including planned giving, annual giving, special events (e.g. Annual Summer Social).
- Serve as community liaison for the EHF and HF promoting programs & initiatives within the Door County community.
Required Experience and Education
- A degree or equivalent work experience in business management, nonprofit management, museum studies and/or historic
- Experience in managing a nonprofit organization
- Enthusiasm for history, historical preservation, and
- Experience using QuickBooks or similar accounting software and Microsoft Office
Required Skills – Abbreviated List of High Priority Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skill as a professional communicator for community and leadership purposes
- Organizing and planning skills as well as flexibility and adaptability
- Sound analytical thinking and problem solving skills
Compensation: $53,000-$58,000 plus benefits (health insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation, flexible off-season schedule)
Apply with resume and cover letter to the Ephraim Historical Foundation, PO Box 165, Ephraim, WI 54211 or email@example.com. See ephraim.org for more information. Position open until filled.